Metro Flower Market FAQs
A letter from Metro Flower Market regarding COVID-19 can be found here.
What is your address?
Metro Flower Market is located at 4151 Lafayette Center Dr. STE 110, Chantilly, VA 20151.
- Directions: From Route 50, turn on to Pleasant Valley Drive and take the 3rd left into our parking lot. You can see our store from the street!
What are your store hours?
Metro Flower Market is currently open the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 7:00AM – 4:00PM
- Saturday: 7:00AM – 2:00PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
How do I reach a representative from your company?
The best way to reach us is by emailing email@example.com or call or text our store at 703-978-0773.
Do you sell to the public?
Yes! See ‘What is a “wholesale customer”?’ for more information.
What is a “wholesale customer”?
Metro Flower Market provides wholesale flowers at a competitive price to the public meaning everyone is a wholesale customer. However, we also offer a discounted price for our customers who run their own business’, are purchasing our product with a Tax ID Number, and have the intent to resell our product to their own customers.
Are you affiliated with Twinbrook Floral Design?
Yes. Twinbrook Floral Design is our retail division featuring arranged flowers and gifts. Additionally, they offer wedding and special events services. While at the design center, clients can expect to see a collection of their custom designs created by Twinbrook’s talented florists.
What flowers do you sell?
Metro Flower Market sells the freshest flowers possible! We procure live product from around the globe and work to establish top of the line relationships with our farmers. With advance notice (10-14 days), we’ll do our best to get top quality seasonal flowers for you.
How are the flowers packaged for pickup and/or delivery?
All orders are packed with special care in cardboard boxes. We recommend customers bring a flower bucket with them to the store for transport. If this isn’t possible, special requests can be made to have product hydrating prior to pick up, and upon arrival, you order will be delicately packed by a member of our team. Always transport your flowers in an airconditioned vehicle. Upon arrival to your destination, give the stems a fresh cut and get into a bucket of water for immediate hydration.
What are your general flower care recommendations?
Always cut your wholesale stems fresh and immediately place them into a water source to hydrate for 24 hours before designing. We recommend storing your wholesale product in a cool temperature room avoiding contact with direct sunlight. If you have a refrigeration unit, we recommend storing flowers in temperatures between 38-42 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Yes, the state of Virgina has a 6% sales tax rate. If you have a house account and have provided a valid Virginia tax exemption certificate or have a reseller license, we will not charge sales tax.
What payment methods do you accept?
Metro Flower Market will accept all major credit cards and cash. Additionally, customers may be eligible for a billable account. See below for additional information. NOTE: We do NOT accept personal checks.
What is your return policy?
Return for credit requests must be made within 24 hours of receipt of product.
- Product Issue: Reach out within 24 hours of receiving your flowers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Send 2-3 close-up pictures and 1-2 pics of the bunch(es) as a whole – make sure you have good lighting! We will not issue a refund or replacement without pictures or if we do not hear from you within 24 hours of delivery.
- Color Variation: We will not issue a refund or replacements for slight color variations.
- Size Variation: Sometimes you’ll get a bloom that looks like it’s been pumping steroids, and sometimes not so much. Bloom sizes change throughout the growing season.
What is your cancellation policy?
We will do our best to accommodate your requests if you wish to cancel or change your order. Orders cannot be cancelled, edited, or changed within fourteen (14) days of the requested delivery/event date. We reserve the right to forfeit a portion of the overall cost/deposit on orders that are changed or cancelled within the 14-day window.
How do I place a special order?
Order online at www.metroflowermarket.com or by calling our store at 703-978-0773 or by emailing email@example.com. A member of our team would be delighted to confirm your order and get you set up in our system.
How much time is required for special orders?
We ask that all customers provide a 10-day notice on their custom flower orders. In many circumstances, we can accommodate a 7 day turn around period. Additionally, we are open to the public 7 days a week and always have a robust selection of product in our cooler for last minute needs.
Will my flowers be the exact color as on the website?
While we do our best to promote consistency in our product, mother nature is a beautiful, and sometimes unpredictable factor that effects the coloring of blooms. We always recommend speaking with one of our dedicated flower experts who can try to match your event color palettes to specific flower varieties. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll do our best to get you the flowers you need in the colors you want.
Is there a minimum order?
In store and online orders do NOT have a minimum. However, if you would like Metro Flower Market to deliver your flowers, we require a minimum order of $100 to fulfill those requests. See “Do you deliver?” for more information.
Do you have a price list for fresh flowers and supplies?
Metro Flower Market updates its website with our floral pricing weekly. Additionally, we offer comprehensive pricing sheets for those that visit our store. Because the floral industry constantly evolves, we do not carry a static list of pricing. Due to daily flower arrivals, fast turn over, and seasonality of florals we have a team dedicated to tracking these changes and are available to assist you with pricing onsite or while ordering via phone call. Our prices are competitive to any other wholesaler and our new location adds a layer of convenience for our clients in northern Virginia.
Do we carry supplies?
Yes. We keep a limited amount of floral construction materials available onsite. To ensure we have what you need, it is best if you let us know ahead of time what you are looking for and we will gladly bring it in for you.
Can plants be ordered?
Yes. Please provide at least two weeks lead time to collect your special order on plants. While we have a selection available in our showroom year-round, we’re happy to fulfill your custom orders.
Do you deliver?
Yes. Metro Flower Market will deliver orders that meet our minimum ($100) within our standard delivery radius. Please note, delivery fees are assigned to each wholesale order and are based on volume and distance.
When will my flowers get delivered?
Metro Flower Market prides itself on accommodating the customer. We try our best to deliver daily orders before 3:00PM. While we cannot guarantee specific delivery times, we are happy to offer delivery time windows (9AM-12PM, 12PM-3PM, and 3PM-6PM) at an additional fee of $10 to make sure your product gets to you when you need it. As we’re open 7 days a week, we make deliveries every day excluding most major holidays when our business is closed.
Can I get same day delivery?
Yes. If an order is placed and product is confirmed by 10:00AM, our team can guarantee delivery between 3PM-6PM that same day.
What is the benefit of opening a Metro account?
Customers who fill out our account application and are approved will enjoy a percentage discount on select products purchased at Metro Flower Market. This percentage is variable depending on the customer and will be discussed during the follow-up call after approval. Metro Flower Market’s intent is to be competitive with other local wholesalers.
- How do I register for a Metro account? Fill out and submit the Metro Account Application. This process can also be completed at our market if it’s more convenient for you. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by our management team to confirm your contact information and active business license in the state disclosed. Following review, you will either be “Approved” or “Not Approved”. A member of Metro Flower Market will inform you of your account status within 5-10 business days.
- What products are eligible for the discount? Discounts will only apply to regularly priced flowers and greenery. This does not include hard goods, classes, delivery fees, labor costs, already discounted products, or any other store specials.
- What is the discount structure? Approved accounts will be regularly reviewed and may be eligible for a higher discount rate depending on quarterly volume reports. Any additional discounts will be at the discretion of The Metro Flower Market and may be dropped back down if volume expectations are no longer being met. Please feel free to contact us if you feel you are eligible and have not been contacted.
- Do discounts apply to instore or online purchases? Both! Not only will your discount and tax-free status apply to your online account, but it will also apply to any in-store purchases you make using a credit card with the member’s name on it. For example, any representative of Jon Smith’s Flowers can make a purchase in-store as long as they are using a card that shows the name of the business entity or owner as listed on the account.
Can I set-up a house account?
House accounts are approved on a case by case basis. Eligible candidates we will be placed on a NET15 or NET30 cycle and are approved after demonstrating timely payments and increased order volumes.
- House accounts: Is there anything else I should know? Upon application approval, your account will remain active for 1 year. You will receive an email notification upon expiration of the account term. At that point, it is your responsibility to submit a new application for approval once again. We do this because business licenses are not permanent and account status is reserved only for those with a current Tax ID number.
- NOTE: If at any point any approved account holder is discovered to have given access of their account to a non-approved individual for personal use, your membership status will be immediately revoked and reported to the proper authorities as this action constitutes tax fraud.
I don’t see my question here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact number, and inquiry. We’ll do our best to respond within 24 hours to assist you.